Downtown for the Holidays has brought people from all over the Bay Area to experience the most wonderful time of the year! These are just some of the people’s favorite things to do during Christmas in the Bay Area:
- Visit Christmas in the Park during the annual Tree Lighting Ceremony– featuring the official arrival of Santa Claus plus a variety show of entertainment and guest speakers. (Friday, November 23, 2018)
- Decorate their own Gingerbread house while listening to Christmas music- a fun way to create a holiday centerpiece without messing up your own kitchen! (Sunday, November 25, 2018, at San José Woman’s Club)
- Participate in the annual Ugly Sweater Party– win prizes, learn to line dance and wear your “ugliest” sweater for a chance to win great prizes. (November 30, 2018)
- Bring their children to experience the magic of the holidays in Winter Wonderlands’ rides including our charming classic carousel and spinning teacups.
- Enjoy The Nutcracker at the Center of Performing Arts – San José’s longest-running production of The Nutcracker will capture your imagination and transport you to a magical world of brave toy soldiers, dancing snowflakes and more.
- Enjoy a lovely view of Downtown San José from Winter Wonderlands’ beautiful 60 foot-tall Ferris Wheel.
- View the beautifully decorated trees and exhibits in Downtown San Jose’s Plaza de Cesar Chavez.
- Warm up after ice skating at Downtown Ice with a delicious cup of hot chocolate under the stars.
- Check out the Fairmont’s magical winter displays with festive holiday decor and two life-size chocolate sculptures. Yum!
Please note: While our friends at Christmas in the Park will be closed after Dec. 25, the fun will continue at Winter Wonderland from November 21-December 31. Bring the whole family down and come join us!